AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm on the fence on the AE300 until someone figures out how to do 960x540 DVI on a geforce. I decided to take a crack at getting my Viewsonic 19" LCD to work at that resolution via DVI.

I got that working!, so I bet someone with the AE300 can get it working as well.

A few things I've found out:

1. Adding a custom resolution of 960x540 does not work in Powerstrip

2. DVI devices report what resolutions they can work at and video cards are supposed to ignore other resolutions.

3. You can hack in just about any resolution by messing with the CurrentControlSet in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

4. If you do it this way, unlike powerstrip at 848x480, the resolution appears on the standard resolution slider.

5. My Viewsonic 191B does NOT show 960x540 as a supported DVI resolution, but it still syncs just fine.

How to do it:

I suspect there are only a few keys that need to be changed, but I added 960x540 everywhere 848x480 was showing up for me.

Start up regedit and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet

Start searching the branch for a resolution you know you can use...I used "848" to search for. Everywhere that resolution had an entry I added one for 960x540. IWhen I was done I rebooted, and there the resolution was on my slider!

It's possible attempting to add a custom resolution from PowerStrip also added needed keys. I also used a utility called reforce.exe for geforce cards. It added 960x540 to my monitor..but that in itself didn't get me anything.

Someone with an AE300 and geforce wanna try this out? I take no responsibility for messing up your systems! :)

Ryan

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also just succeded in getting Unreal Tournament 2003 working at 960x540. Just edit UT2003.ini and add the resolution in manually. The HUD graphics get squashed, but the game graphics have the correct proportions.

Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.