AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the board for hours today, and posted a few requests and private message to people on here who seem to have it or know about for the last few weeks and no luck.

I am told there are 2 ways to do this, via a remote , perhaps an all in one , with that "magic button" they people speak of, any maybe a few other " all in one remotes"

AND

via certain Palms PDA's with good IRD (infrared transmission ) range and OmniRemote software (25$ or so) which can turn certain palm pda's into a great all in on remote if they transmit far enough. Some only transmit 2-3 feet people say so research before you run out and get one and waste lots of time.

There are posts all over the web to enable PAL progressive out for different Philips dvd players and recorders. The one for the Philips Q50 is everywhere, and the one for the 750 works on over 6 models people say.

Anyone know how to enable this for the 985?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Get your philips mod for all regions with ICOS region free chip. I know that my JVC XVS500BK will do a PAL (Phase Alternate Line) into Ntsc to be be seen a anamorphic without the stretch.

I have owned it or about 8 months it has the mediamadatics chip plus the ICOS (Intellegent Code Operating System) hard wired progressive scan for regions free operation.:)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already own this unit, it sounds like you are suggesting I buy a chip or a new modified unit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.