AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Infocus 4805; but this is more of a "general thread" so I'm posting it here.

I've been playing with the focus ring. I focused using the splash screen at PJ startup, then I fine tuned with still images (DVD paused)...but I can't make up my mind if it's perfect or not.

Some scenes look great, others i'm thinking "it looks a little fuzzy."

How can I REALLY focus the thing? I have the AVIA DVD, but there's nothing on there for "focus" per se.

I tried using one of the crosshatch patterns, but that didn't work out too well. I found I did better with a paused DVD image.

Any advice? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I usually check the focus by turning on closed captioning. Works for me and does a good job.

·
Registered
89 Posts
on my 4805, i like to use the onscreen menu text for focusing.

hit menu, go into system settings

then check/uncheck rear/ceiling and you can place the menu in all four corners this way.

those nice, perfectly clean internally generated non-anti-aliased fonts in the menus make a GREAT focus test!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I recently read someone on this forum, who suggested to use binoculars in order to defocus the Pj a little. I haven't tried this myself, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the same for focusing. Just focus the binoculars on a pixel structure, and make sure that it's perfect.

Sam

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Small binoculars or have an assistant turn the focus ring while you have your nose up to the screen. PJ on screen menu's that have white lines/outlines so you can see the pixel boxes clearly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.