AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i've asked this before but I dont think anyone had a clear answer.

I currently have one sub which I've eqed with a BFD. If I were to add another sub, how would I eq the two together?

Eq each sub one at a time or eq both subs running simutaneously?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also eq a sub using a BFD. I plan on adding a second and doing the same, so I am in the same boat you are exactly. I've come to the conclusion that I'll eq each sub individually. If I thought hard, I could probably come up with some really snazzy, impressive sounding reason. Truth is, it just seems like it's the thing to do. Seems like it'd be easier/more "correct" to work with two elements that are close to standard and maybe the sound would be more uniform throughout the room. If you do the "room eq wizard" program like myself and many others here have done, you will save yourself tons and tons of time (ESPECIALLY with two subs) and probably do a better job.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=529224

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi lewdog,

Everett, WA....my oh my, I'm in Mill Creek!!!

Anyway, I hear what you're saying about eqing both subs at the same time. That does make sense, however, I wonder if both subs won't interfere with eachother cancelling eachother out and hence a better idea to eq with both running?

BTW, I did use the eq wizard and it was a lifesaver!!!

Hopefully we will get some experts answering this thread. From the rate of response it doesnt seem many people are eqing more than one sub around here.

·
Premium Member
25,009 Posts
Seems to me the EQ done while they're operating independently will be much modified (screwed up) once you turn them both on.

Plus you might be forgoing the potential benefits described in the Harman white paper on multiple subs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mill Creek. Oh, yeah. Can we get a woot woot? Be fun to have some sort of meet to compare something. Maybe not. Be hard to carry subwoofers around.

Hmm. That makes sense about potentially losing the "Harmon" benefits and/or losing it once they're turned on. This really is getting to be a more interesting question than I gave it credit for...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.