Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought the mac powerbook g4...

what is the best way to extract the digital audio?

many thanks..

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Sell it and use the money spent to buy an HTPC? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Some people have announced USB->digital audio products but I don't think any are out yet. Macs have generally not had much in the way of digital audio.

Those widescreens on the laptops are very nice though!

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already have 2 high end htpcs connected to my cine7... so selling to get another htpc is not an option..

digital audio from my mac... anyone any idea???

·
Registered
728 Posts
The Mac G4, or to be more specific, the Mac OS9.1, does not _yet_ support Dolby Digital Surround. Only Dolby Pro-Logic Surround, which is an analog format. (Funny, the DVD Player 2.7, (Released today), splash logo has the Dolby Digital Logo in it- so Apple is paying a licensing fee for a feature not yet supported. Go Figure...)

The other hardware options mentioned here don't work with a Mac. They could, if Apple or somebody wrote the MPEG to USB/Firewire bridgeware, but that hasn't happened yet.

A solution maybe coming; from the land of the Rising Sun, Sony-side up.

apg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.