AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I own a Canon HF11 camcorder that has a LCD display way too warm and bright (until I calibrated my TV and PC monitor I had no idea, and manually I underexposed and set improper white balance to all my recordings).The camcorder itself has some display adjustments (Brightness, Constrast, etc) but I found no way to feed it patterns. I grabbed White Levels and Black Levels pattern from AVS HD 709 disk, remuxed them as M2TS and replaced with them some of the files the camera recorded on its internal memory.The camera refuse to play back the replaced files and hang, despite the fact I kept all the parameters the same as those from camera recordings (framerate 25fps, progressive frame with interlace wrapper, H264 profile [email protected], etc). The camcorder has no video input (except from the image sensor), and its menu can provide a crap grayscale pattern that I can compare to nothing.
Do you have any suggestions on how to calibrate the camcorder's display (at least the black level)? Feeding it patterns through the lens seems a bad idea (due to automatic exposure adjustment performed in the camera).
Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I guess you could try calibrating it in a pitch black environment through the lenses but I can't think of anything else.
Thank you for the suggestion, I applied it. I tuned the Brightness down in a dark room until black from its scale blended with the background of the LCD. It's better than before, during a sunny shot there are no more overexposed areas while using automatic exposure, maybe now is a little bit too dark. Fine tuning by trial and error from here, and stick with the auto exposure as much as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts