AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in upgrading my stereo setup to a home theater setup starting with 3 speakers (left, right, and center).

I currently own an old out-of-production Vandersteen model 1B (similar to 1C in appearance). Vandersteen does carry a VCC-1, but it is a bit expensive for me.

Would it be possible for me to find a decent center speaker that will work well with my Vandersteen's using a different brand? I hope to be able to spend less than $300 on this speaker.

I look forward to hearing any advice or insight on how to approach this. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
632 Posts
You should be able to get a used VCC-1 on Ebay or Audiogon for right around your $300 budget. I'd recommend doing that as the voicing on the VCC-1 will be the closest to your Vandersteen mains.

If you don't want to buy used for some reason, I've heard of people using Paradigm Atoms as rears in a 7.1 setup - one of the low-end Paradigms might be an OK match as a center & within your budget.

But I'd highly recommend going for a used VCC-1 instead...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just bought a used VCC-1 Sig with no problems through Audiogon. I would definitely watch there and eBay for a used VCC-1. DaMavs is right that you should easily find one for $300 shipped. That's gonna be the best match with those 1Bs. Good luck.

·
Banned
1,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavs /forum/post/0

You should be able to get a used VCC-1 on Ebay or Audiogon for right around your $300 budget. I'd recommend doing that as the voicing on the VCC-1 will be the closest to your Vandersteen mains.

If you don't want to buy used for some reason, I've heard of people using Paradigm Atoms as rears in a 7.1 setup - one of the low-end Paradigms might be an OK match as a center & within your budget.

But I'd highly recommend going for a used VCC-1 instead...

You can absolutly pick up a used VCC-1 on Audigon for $300 or less. I did. And it matches my 2CE's perfectly. There are two of them right now for $275. Go jump on one of them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bought Vandersteen 3A Sig, VCC-1 Sig and Sunfire Cinema Grand each from different sellers on AudiogoN and never had a problem. I always use Paypal and credit cards to protect myself as much as possible. Be careful with shipping -- I insist on FedEx and never, ever will use UPS again. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.