AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stand alone ReplyTV unit that I bought about two years ago. I use it in conjunction with DirecTV (using the Sony HD 100 receiver if that matters). I am using the serial connecter (not the ir blaster) between the Replay TV unit and the HD100. Anytime I record a show, it plays back fine and the lips on the screen match the dialogue. When I'm watching live tv through the Replay TV unit, the lips on the screen are out of sync with the dialogue. About 3 seconds behind, which is extremely annoying. Can anyone tell me how to correct this issue? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Enigma

·
Registered
213 Posts
It sounds like your audio is coming directly from the DirectTV feed, and the video is coming from the delayed or "buffered" ReplayTV feed. ReplayTV buffers two seconds of audio and video before it actually gets to your screen. So if you watched the input side of the signal on your ReplayTV and compared it to the output side of the signal on your ReplayTV, you would see a two second delay.

Where are you sourcing your audio from? Is it possible you are not sourcing your audio from the same outputs as the video?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
What 925 suggests makes sense up to a point but I would expect more problems than just delayed video.

If the AV connectors are connected as described below the delay problem is impossible without a software/hardware screw within the replay recorder. If you play TV sound through an external stereo amplifier it may be improperly connected. The below connections omit using a stereo amplifier to eliminated that possibility.

1- Make sure dish output audio and video go to replay "input 1" or "input 2" terminals and no where else.

2- Make sure Replay output audio and video go to the TV Aux input terminals and no where else.

If that is how you have it connected then pull the plug from the replay for a minute and reboot. If you still have problems do a 777 zones "restore factory default", you would lose all recordings and have to run setup again.

Let us know what was wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.