AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Panasonic PT-L711U 4:3 XGA projector but with a 16:9 mode. I tried using Powerstrip to get a 16:9 resolution(960x540), but I can't seem to find out where? Can powerstrip allow me to use custom resolutions? If so, where? If not, what programs allow me to do that?

Also, what's the optimal refresh rate to use for playing DVDs? I heard it should be a multiple of 29.97Hz(IIRC), right?

Lastly, what monitor should I choose for my system in Display Properties? I'm using "Default Monitor" now, which is probably a bad idea.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Picking Sony W900 as your monitor type might

activate some 16:9 resolution modes.

Most DVDs are mastered from 24fps film, so 72hz

(multiple of 24) is often quoted as optimal

(actually some give an exact value which is

like 71.9##something### ) Having an "incorrect"

refresh rate is not going to have a very big

impact on your PQ so it might not be worth

your time to try to get the "most perfect"

one programmed in there.

Powerstrip custom resolutions may or may not be

available depending on the VGA driver version you are using.

...Hopefully these comments will help you research the additional details you need...

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
HI,

I think for a monitor you need to just pick Sony W900, or something along those lines. This will make most resolutions available with Power Strip.

a search for karnis, and checking his signature will yield a link to a very nice definitive guide to custom resolutions. If you haven't read that yet, you probably should.

there is a forum member here named Ashley Saldanha. I am not sure of the spelling on the last name. But he is the developer of Power Strip. Reading some of his posts will most likely give you some hints as well.

This is a topic which is appropriate in this forum as well as the corresponding projector forum for your projector type. You might want to see if you can get some help there as well.

I hope this helps you out a little.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks...I'll definitely check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.