AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my new sammy LCD and bought a $20 at BB that connects through cable wire... HD look ok so far but some shows arent as goood... is there anyway to get the best PQ on OTA antenna? Ive always heard that OTA HD is the best , does some show have better PQ than others?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
If your local cable company isn't re compressing the signal before sending it out, I doubt you'd see any difference between cable and OTA. I suggest you check the local reception forum for a thread for your area to see what others on your cable system have experienced.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
For a few feet of coax connecting an indoor antenna, it probably doesn't matter much what type you use. For long runs from an attic or outdoor antenna, type RG-6 coax is better than type RG-59 because it causes less signal dropoff with distance.

If you've got stable reception so the picture doesn't break up, you and your cable company are at the mercy of what the station is sending out. The quality of SD programming upconverted to HD (as in most news, reality and syndicated shows, and re-runs of old series) can vary widely from one station to the next, because the upconversion is usually done locally. Some of my local stations have improved a lot in the past year as they upgraded their equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.