AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my basement i have a HD satellite unit Shaw DSR630 that goes to my Denon AVR-591. My problem is about 20' over behind the bar theres going to be a 32" hanging from the ceiling.

Existing behind the drywall is a coax cable that runs from the main TV area all the way over to the bar exactly were i want this second t.v. Mainly i just want the satelite signal over there, but there is only HDMI out and RCA out. (the HDMI out already being used) What can i do to get the signal to the new area utilizing the coax already in the wall?? Oh ya my ceiling is drywalled already too

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
If you don't mind SD composite video, you can use that coax for the RCA composite output, usually the YELLOW jack. Just put F connectors on the cable and use FtoRCA adaptors. You could also buy RCA plugs at RadioShack and solder them on directly.

While not HD quality, the composite output from a DBS box is still pretty good for non critical viewing like at a bar.

NOTE: Be sure your DBS box can output composite video at the same time as HDMI. Some manufactures disable ALL analog outputs when HDMI is in use while they are typically only required to disable analog HD outputs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds good, I'll give that a try. anyway to transfer the audio? And do any new tv's have coax in anymore in the 28-32" range? Your right picture quality isn't really a concern behind the bar

·
Registered
283 Posts
The only company that still makes Tvs with Coax input to my knowledge is Samsung. The LN32D450 model is a 32 inch LCD with Coax input.

Good luck...

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
And do any new tv's have coax in anymore in the 28-32" range? Your right picture quality isn't really a concern behind the bar

They all have tuners. Did you mean a composite input?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats still more than a t.v. oh well guess I'll just have to go non-HD, and wait for the price to drop

·
Registered
9,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjareme /forum/post/20940489

That sounds good, I'll give that a try. anyway to transfer the audio? And do any new tv's have coax in anymore in the 28-32" range? Your right picture quality isn't really a concern behind the bar

Some DBS boxes also have built in NTSC RF modulators. You can use this to feed RF to the TV and then you get audio too. However the quality will be less than composite video. Still it might be good enough for your purposes.

My Dish Network 722 DVR has a built in UHF modulaltor. I feed this out to an old TV in my garage on channel 29.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why not us a brite view air sync hd? Wireless hd with hdmi passthrough. I have heard good things about them and you can purchase from there web site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts