AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TV uses a "coaxial" input for the PIP feature. I put all sound thru my A/V receiver, and turned the TV's speakers off. When switching which PIP window I want to watch, I lose sound on the picture coming from the secondary picture. This is because the secondary input is going directly to the TV (bypassing the receiver). Is there a simple way to fix this that would still allow use of PIP with one touch of the remote?

I hope it isnt as difficult as this:

Coaxial cable from wall to a converter (which converts from coaxial to RCA connections), and then to the receiver, and then to another converter (which converts from RCA to coaxial) and then to the TV.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I don't know if it is an option for you, but I am not using my receiver for video switching, so I have the audio that corresponds with the video source running directly to the TV as well as to my receiver (I split the audio signal if necessary).

I then have an audio output from the TV to the receiver. If I want to be able to quickly bounce from input to input, or swap PIP, I will just use the signal from the TV as the audio source on the receiver. If I am not screwing around with changing signal sources, I will set ther receiver to play the signal directly from the initial source.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.