AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

I am certainly not a huge gamer, but I enjoy a few hours here and there. That being said, I know that the system tracks the amount of time you log for each game. What I'd like to know is to what extent this tracking goes (can you see hours logged by day/week/month etc?). I'd like to be able to see as much info as I can.

And just to add another interesting wrinkle, I don't currently have access to my PS3... so is any of this information available online? I've logged into the Playstation website, but I can't find anything that would allow me to access any time-logged info about my unit. I can see my trophies - and see the date/time they were acquired (nice touch), but I'd love to see something more in-depth.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I've never seen any evidence that the PS3 tracks the number of hours played. I've sure never stumbled across it, at least. Would love to know how to access that information if it indeed does track it.

The only one of the current three consoles that does this, as far as I'm aware, is the Nintendo Wii. By logging into the Nintendo Channel and selecting the records screen, you can view how many hours and times played for each piece of software you've ran.

A good number of games have also started tracking this information on an individual basis over the past couple of console generations.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that shows how much I know... and how often I play. I knew I remembered seeing that information somewhere, but now that I think of it, it is game specific. I remember seeing in-game hours played for the COD/MW games, but I assumed that it was tracked by the system, rather than in-game.

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't even want to know how many hours i've spent on my ps3...if you add up movies and music with gaming, it's damn near depressing.

I wonder if i add up PS3 time(CoD, Fallout, Battlefield), PC time; Counterstrike(original and source), Day of Defeat (original and source), FFXI, and WoW, how many months, years?, of my life ive spent in front of a gaming machine.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuup1dmofo /forum/post/20827050

I don't even want to know how many hours i've spent on my ps3...if you add up movies and music with gaming, it's damn near depressing.

Yeah, but net out all the hours you would have otherwise misspent watching Price is Right reruns while daydreaming about the showcase models and then it's not so bad.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin
Yeah, but net out all the hours you would have otherwise misspent watching Price is Right reruns while daydreaming about the showcase models and then it's not so bad.
A great simpsons quote to go with your post

(Moe the bartender is hooked up to a lie-detector machine)

"Let's make this quick, I got a hot date tonight!"

(Machine) bzzzzt!

"A date..."

bzzzzt!

"Dinner with a Friend..."

bzzzzt!

"Dinner alone..."

bzzzzt!

"Watching TV alone..."

bzzzzt!

"Okay. I'm going to sit at home, and ogle the women in Victoria's Secret."

bzzzzt!

(Deep sigh.) "Sears catalog."

DING!

"Now, would you let me off this thing?! A guy like me doesn't deserve this kind of treatment!"

bzzzzt!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.