AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standard definition DVD upscaling does not look very good with my current setup. Along with a JVC RS15 I also have an Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray/DVD player and an Onkyo PR-SC5507 pre-pro, I believe all three of these components can do upscaling to 1080p. Considering these three components which one is likely to give me the best DVD upscaling? I am also unsure of how to go about making sure that only one of these components at a time is doing the upscaling if I want to test each one, can anyone here give some guidance?

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
BR player set to 1080p output, receiver set to pass through, projector set to 1080p. BR player will upscale the dvd and most likely do the best job. NOTE: I don't have a receiver so I assume there is a pass through that will not alter the image in any way..

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Yes, there is a passthrough on the Onkyo/Integras....DVD's look pretty good to me on MY setup, which is a PS3, Integra DHC-40.1, and a JVC RS20. I agree with airscapes; let the player and/or Projector do the scaling...The preamp could potentially make things worse if not set to 'passthrough'. I'm unfamiliar with the Oppo's...possibly a setting in the player is set wrong???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.