AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As teh title says... :)

Also, is it possible to run native DVD resolution on this unit? It runs 32 kHz i believe... Jason? Do i need to use HTPC for that or will a DVD player through the composite do?

Thanks!!

· Registered
16,994 Posts
Mark ,

-- you need to converge the unit for 16:9 if that is what you want to use it for [ adjusting the Vertical size and Horizontal Size of all 3 tubes - do you have the manual ] .

-- Running in 480p will require either an HTPC or a Progressive DVD player with a Transcoder or a Regular DVD player with a Line Doubler [ see Iscan DVDO ] . You cannot run 720x480p with a Progressive scan player or an Iscan [ these operate at 640x480p - 31.5 Khz scan rate ] . You would need an HTPC to do Native DVD resolution and you would probably need to run the 48Hz refresh rate so that you don't push the scan rate too high on the 1030Q1 .

-- Best Wishes ,

--- Jason Berg

----------------------------------

*** Hehe - M.Torre " Mr.Pimp " :D ***

· Registered
1,377 Posts
Mr. Pimp is correct.

Just to clearify, if you set up for anamorphic, realize that any non-anamorphic material will be stretched horizontally. Unfortunately, with the 10XX projectors you can't have both. Decide which is best for you.

· Registered
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaGamePimp
-- Running in 480p will require either an HTPC or a Progressive DVD player with a Transcoder or a Regular DVD player with a Line Doubler [ see Iscan DVDO ] .
I have a unit with serial number later than 501xxxx and it is fully compatible with 32Khz signals

I have a Nintaus pdvd-9769 and i also had the Skyworth dvd-1050p.

Both are progressive player based on Fli2200 Sage/Faroudja chip.

The real problem is that is pretty difficult to find a dvd player with Vga output... most of the players on the market have Components output and this is not suitable for the 1030 until you buy a transcoder YCrCb -> RGBHV. (the 103x series just use RGB S anyway).

Quote:

You cannot run 720x480p with a Progressive scan player or an Iscan [ these operate at 640x480p - 31.5 Khz scan rate ] . You would need an HTPC to do Native DVD resolution and you would probably need to run the 48Hz refresh rate so that you don't push the scan rate too high on the 1030Q1 .
I used my 1030 with Iscan Pro and also with the HTPC i'm corrently building.

If you don't exceed the 32Khz limit you can do nearly everything ;)

[email protected] for Ntsc dvd's and [email protected] for Pal are great, with a 16/9 convergence.

The strange thing is that when i use a progressive dvd player and the Iscan Pro the screen has the same size than a composite signal and when i'm using the HTPC the image is noticeably smaller within the raster, even if it has the same vertical frequence ... i fixed it with the advanced preferences in the Powerstrip's settings, but i don't understand the reason. Maybe it is a Porch issue. :confused:

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, i will try that when i have built my HTPC... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.