AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have (2) Yamaha-NSIC800WH Speakers - no wifi/bluetooth, just the standard red/white
My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V685 which allows wifi/bluetooth.

How can I send a signal from my speaker to my receiver?
It would be a real hassle to get speaker wire to the other side of my house.
I checked this Bluetooth device, but I just don't know if it would pair with it on my receiver.
Maybe you had the same issue? Please let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After checking the manual, music cast isn't what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for a speaker "amplifier" that sends a signal to my receiver which has bluetooth /wifi. My speaker only has the red/white banana plug.

I found this unit which may work.

I do not want to use speaker wire. The distance between all the crevices is about 100-150ft There's 6" concrete between these 2 walls.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Straight from the link you posted:
  • Bluetooth Transmission Distance: Up to 50 Ft
At your required distance, BT is CLOSED for you.

Next possible option is WIFI or Etthernet. Do you have WIFI or ethernet at the far location?

I am not on the market for such item but technology wise you are looking for a musicast compatible "receiver" as in transmitter-receiver pair, because your yamaha AVR is "transmitting" the sound, and a musicast compatible "receiver" would takes the signal, amplifies it to drive your passive speakers.

Found this, https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Audio-Component-Preamplifier-Silver/dp/B01EI6DQS4/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1DTE2VRT48GEH&dchild=1&keywords=musiccast+amp&qid=1612720569&s=electronics&sprefix=musiccast+a,electronics,216&sr=1-4, but is only the "receiver" part and not cheap. Needs to add an amplifier to complete the system.

Are you in love with your speakers? purchasing new speakers with musicast built-in not an option?

Further option are, buy into the Sonos technology, which is famous for wireless remote speakers.

Once again, you must have WIFI/Ethernet covering both locations, otherwise totally dead in the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts