AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added Vista 32 to a system that had XP SP3 already installed. I've been working out the various problems with the Vista setup and I think I've got it working like I want it to. Now I think I'm ready to lose the XP partition and go Vista-only with the HTPC. I'm a newb to dual-boot systems and I'm not sure of the procedure to un-install XP without hosing the Vista install.

I use Acronis True Image to backuo/image and when I recently re-loaded an earlier Vista Image, it messed something up with the Vista install and I had to do a repair of the installation with the Vista DVD to get the boot manager working again. So I would like to do everything right with this transition and not lose all my work to get drivers and programs set up properly in Vista. Can anyone tell me how to lose the XP partition the right way? Thanks very much.

JN Porter

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
personally I would create an image of the Vista install, delete both partitions, format the drive and load the image.

Looks like you may have had a problem with an image in the past, but I think it is really the best solution. Dual boots are a pain to deal with, IMHO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.