AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for about an hour for the procedure to perform a factory or hard reset of my receiver. I must suck at searching forums.

If someone could either help me with the details or point me to the correct thread I would really appreciate it.

Humble thanks!
Allen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a PC I would say pull the plug and clear the CMOS, or even pull out the back up battery if it was one, but a receiver? Fascinating. Manual no help eh?
Called a service center to figure out how to get factory service and they mentioned that I could possibly find out how to perform a "hard reset" online before bringing the unit in. Apparently, there are problems that can be fixed with a hard reset and it won't be covered under warranty. I haven't been able to find it in the manual...

·
Registered
26 Posts
My RX-A720 has stopped functioning. Not sure what caused it - the unit powers on and I can cycle through all the inputs, but none of the inputs actually connect to their devices. This includes HDMI (XBOX, cable box, HTPC) and digital coax (CD Player).

Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure what the problem could be, really hoping I don't have to buy a whole new receiver.

Thanks for any help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts