Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a total noob question...I think I have it right

currently I have it plugged in to the AV & S - Video inputs...

The xbox is set to widescreen as well...the picture quality looks pretty good I just want to make sure I have it set up right

Also, would someone recommend what are optimal settings for the various display settings such as backlight, sharpness, contrast and so forth ?

I have played with some of the settings but at the rate I change them they seem to cancel each other out.

I don't have HD programming as of yet, it is coming next week.

Any recommendations would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Leeland

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thought the HD pack included component video cables. If so, use them. It blows S-Video away in Picture Quality.

As far as adjustments, try one of the THX DVDs, like Finding Nemo! They have a THX Optimizer option that will walk you through all of the settings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood58
I thopught the HD pack included component video cables. If so, use them. It blows S-Video away in Picture Quality.

As far as adjustments, try one of the THX DVDs, like Finding Nemo! They have a THX Optimizer option that will walk you through all of the settings.

Thanks for the tip on optimizing...as for the cables...I feel like a real dumb a$$

I bought the AV pack...not the HD AV pack....

guess I will be heading to the store to pick that up instead...that is why I didn't understand what the heck was wrong with this picture :) My own ignorance

Thanks again,

Leeland

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.