AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please direct me to a thread that shows how to hook up a converter box to a tv and a vcr and then be able to record a show on one channel and watch another. I can not buy 2 boxes. And I have looked and looked for some info about this.

My name says it all

Thanks

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
To emphasize the point, all of the "coupon boxes" can tune only one channel at a time. If you want to record one digital channel while watching another, you need two tuners, hence two coupon boxes.

As far as I know, the only current devices that can tune two over-the-air digital channels at once (i.e. they have two tuners) are the Tivo HD and the DTVPal DVR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then I'll have 4 remotes to use for one set.. I have a tv in the living room and 1 in the kitchen that both have the boxes. When you play them both at the the same time the voice is off by about 2-3 second delay. I guess there is no way to synchonize them. I know I am not alone with the frustrations of this transition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.