AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody. Sorry for my english, that is very poor.

I'm writing here because I'm going to buy a projector (I'm thinking about a panasonic 300 or a X1) and one of the question I would like to solve before buying is how to install the projector on the ceiling of my room. I would like to save the money of the originals staff that, here in Europe, are very expensive (300$).

Have you any photo of your own creations and ideas?

I need to install as close as it's possible to the ceiling because I would like to project in the upper part of the room, so I think at something like a drawer without two side in front and on the back of the projector but I have no ideas on the materials and way of building something like that.

I hope I haven't written with too many errors and you could help me

Bye

Paolo

Italy

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
The 2 PJ's you are considering have quite different throws and offsets. Say you wanted a 92" diag image (80x45) with the top of the screen being 18" down from the top of your ceiling. The PJ's would have to be mounted as follows.

X1 (16:9) - Distance to lens ~12.4 - 14.6 feet away from screen and the center of the lens would have to be 15 above the top of the screen. The PJ would have to be almost flush to the ceiling.

X1 (4:3 100" diag 80x60) Distance same but center of lens would need to be 5.6" above the screen. The PJ would be suspended roughly 10" from ceiling to the mount.

Panny 300 (16:9 of course) - Distance to lens ~9.4 - 11.3 feet and the center of the lens would need to be 2.5" BELOW the top of the screen. So the PJ would be suspended Roughly 18.5" from the ceiling.

You can download each of the user guides and this info is in there to calcluate for different screen sizes.

Hope this helps.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.