Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post in the "Screens" forum so bear with me :D

Using a 4 year old Viewsonic 800x600 400 lumens LCD projector when I move into my new townhouse and wanted to make a DIY screen that I can hang on the wall. It will be 4:3 and I wanted to make it somewhere around 50-65" depending on where I can place the projector and due to its low lumens rating it's not very bright.

For the LEAST amount of money, how would you go about making this screen? I shouldn't have a problem making the frame but was wondering if I should buy a piece of wood and use a special white paint on it, or buy a special fabric to place on top of the screen? I have NO idea what to use. Not even sure if they make a special paint or not. I'd like to invest no more than $100 on this screen.

Maybe something like this? (change *** to *********)

http://cgi.********/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3034821233

Any and all input is BEYOND appreciated. Thanks a million guys if you respond. Heck, if you have some good links to screen building that would ROCK!

THANKS!

-Christian

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
You need go no further than this forum. Lots of successful DIY screen solutions abound. Start reading.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I guess it depends on how cheap you want to go. You can use blackout cloth and stretcher bars--$50 or so as I recall, as one gentleman details in a post you can find if you search on "stretcher bars" and/or DIY. I built my own using Da-Lite HCCV fabric for a total cost of $200. (See my posts for that story).

If it were me, I'd go with whatever screen material is best for your application (Da-Lite, Stewart, etc., high-gain vs. high-contrast, etc.), and build the frame or use canvass stretcher bars. I think you could do it for under $150 easy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i've used BO material for my very first screen 16:9 for my Z1. spent about $80AUS dollars. later on i will try different materials or paint it ddog style. see what happens..............

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mazeroth
For the LEAST amount of money, how would you go about making this screen? I shouldn't have a problem making the frame but was wondering if I should buy a piece of wood and use a special white paint on it, or buy a special fabric to place on top of the screen? I have NO idea what to use. Not even sure if they make a special paint or not. I'd like to invest no more than $100 on this screen.
Check out this thread for a cheap, easy, screen that works great...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=289510

- Cryo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.