AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here guys.

I want to put my own wallpaper/background on the screen, but haven't had much luck by simply putting jpeg files on a stick and going thru the XMB menu options. So I found this site after doing a search......
http://gunlager.blogspot.com/2007/11...-creation.html

I followed the instructions and the sample works fine, but I don't understand whats involved in doing this (taken from the above website):

7. To make your own CUSTOM theme, all you will need to do is edit all of the .png files in the "sample" directory, and re-run these steps.

Do I simply put in the new file name with the png extension and repeat teh steps in the program?

Sory for the newbie questions.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Those instructions are for creating your own theme with custom icons and all.

If all you want to do is use your own background image just bring up the image in the PS3's photo viewer, press triangle for options, and select the wallpaper icon.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GzrGlide /forum/post/15460831

7. To make your own CUSTOM theme, all you will need to do is edit all of the .png files in the "sample" directory, and re-run these steps.

The quick and easy is saying that you need to save the icon's with the same file name, or overwrite them.

Be sure to keep them the same size, format, and use alpha-masks for any transparent parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts