AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm having fun recording in HDTV all my favorite shows on my HTPC's hard drive but now would like to put together a few DVDs of my favorite shows (std & high def).

I would like to be able to edit the shows and only record certain sections of the show. Much like and old VCR would do.

I have XP Media Edition brand new XPS gen 5 Dell computer.

Is there special software I need to edit the material? Is it even possible to burn a DVD of an HDTV recoding on your hard drive? Can I do it on standard def?

Do I need to convert the hard drive file of the show to some sort of software so it will record and playback on a DVD? Windows media player?

Will the recorded DVD playback on a DVD player that is not hooked up to a computer?

thanks for your help :p

·
Registered
292 Posts
I use videoredo to do the editing of my captures. It will let you select the exact frame of where the discarded (or selected) portion starts or stops. To burn to dvd I use a simple to use program called Nero Video Express which comes bundled in the latest Nero version 6.6

Yes a dvd created this way will play on any stand alone dvd player.

cheers

·
Registered
292 Posts
The method I use works for me on either SD or HD recordings. The HD stuff gets down rez'd a little but still looks good. It is the price to pay to be able to play on a stand alone player. There are some who prefer not to loose any quality from the high def capture and so they burn to disk without converting to dvd resolution. Of course that means the only way to play it back is on your computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.