AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently created profiles for my 3 kids. Now, whenever I turn on my XBOX it automatically signs in one of my daughters. I would rather it did not. Is there a way to turn off this "feature". Or at least control who it auto-signs in?

If it automatically signed me in, that would be OK, since I'm the one who plays it 90% of the time. Now I just sign her out and then sign me in when I am going to play. Obviously, this is not a big deal, but it just seems screwy to me for two reasons:

1) NXE never auto-signed in anybody until I created these extra profiles. Why did it start doing it?

2) Why does it pick this one particular profile to sign in as opposed to me or one of the others? Her name is not first alphabetically...

Can anyone explain this "feature"?

Thanks,

Sooke

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke /forum/post/15431250

Now, whenever I turn on my XBOX it automatically signs in one of my daughters. I would rather it did not. Is there a way to turn off this "feature". Or at least control who it auto-signs in?

is the same daughter that's signed in when the console is shut off the same daughter that's automatically signed on the next time the console is turned on? i know if i sign out before i turn off my console, the next time i turn it on i will be signed off. and if i'm signed in when i shut it off, the next time i turn it on i will be signed in...

i know before NXE, there used to be an option for auto sign-in, but i personally haven't seen that option since NXE was released. and i pretty much checked everywhere in the dashboard for it...

·
Registered
949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke /forum/post/15431250

Hi,

I recently created profiles for my 3 kids. Now, whenever I turn on my XBOX it automatically signs in one of my daughters. I would rather it did not. Is there a way to turn off this "feature". Or at least control who it auto-signs in?

If it automatically signed me in, that would be OK, since I'm the one who plays it 90% of the time. Now I just sign her out and then sign me in when I am going to play. Obviously, this is not a big deal, but it just seems screwy to me for two reasons:

1) NXE never auto-signed in anybody until I created these extra profiles. Why did it start doing it?

2) Why does it pick this one particular profile to sign in as opposed to me or one of the others? Her name is not first alphabetically...

Can anyone explain this "feature"?

Thanks,

Sooke

There is an option under settings within your daughter's profile that is currently set to "Automatically Log Me In", I have it set to log in automatically as well.

To fix it:

1. log into her profile

2. Hit the Center 360 button to bring up the Blades Menu

3. Scroll over to the settings blade

4. Select Profile

5. Select Auto Sign-In and disable it for both XBL and Messenger

There's probably another way without bringing up the Blades Menu, but this is easier to type out as the blades are pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzz#836 /forum/post/15431864

There is an option under settings within your daughter's profile that is currently set to "Automatically Log Me In", I have it set to log in automatically as well.

To fix it:

1. log into her profile

2. Hit the Center 360 button to bring up the Blades Menu

3. Scroll over to the settings blade

4. Select Profile

5. Select Auto Sign-In and disable it for both XBL and Messenger

There's probably another way without bringing up the Blades Menu, but this is easier to type out as the blades are pretty straightforward.

Thanks lovebuzz. That worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.