AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it probably won't really break, but heres my dilemna.

I don't have my 60V500 yet as it is on backorder, however my stand came in so I put it together and set it up so it's ready when the TV arrives. I put my HT stuff on the glass shelves on the stand (as there isn't anywhere else to put them) which consists of: A receiver, gamecube, PS2, 5 disc mp3 cd changer, dvd player, and cable box.

Now...looking at the glass, its very obvious that the glass shelves are bowing very deep in the middle, it looks very bad for the glass, but it looks visibly bad anyway cause it's obvious that the glass is curving. I stuffed a dvd box underneath the bottom glass shelf where it can't be seen and it helped to keep the bottom shelf propped up, but I don't have a way to prop up the middle glass shelf. Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Bump* anyone? I'm sure SOMEONE else has experienced this as I know tons of people here have this stand.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*bump again* All these replies to all these threads and not a single person has any input on something as simple as this?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, I'll reply if a reply will make you feel better.

If you want my simple input, Take the heavy stuff off if you think it may break the glass!

From your first post to the 1st bump was only 2 hours. It was then 6 hours to the 2nd bump. That is a total of 8 hours. While this board may have tons of members, they may not ALL have logged in during those 8 hours; the ones that did may not be familiar with that stand.

You need to be a little more patient when waiting for a reply.

Again, if you are concerned about the curve and fear it may break, let common sense prevail and remove the heavy items. What other choice do you have? You could try to put some center support in but then you have a placement concern and a visual problem. Put some what-nots on 'em and get a small A/V stand.

My $.02 worth.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I waited until the post was on the 3rd page both times before bumping it - I figured once it hit the third page no one would even see it so why not bump it.

As far as the glass goes, I'm sure that plenty of people must be having a similar dilemna to mine, as this is a very popular tv and lots of people get the stand with it...I have nowhere else to put my HT equipment other than in the stand, and no more space left in the room, so my options are kind of null. Even if I did get an A/V stand I literally have nowhere to put it, my apt has a cutout for the entertainment center/tv and the tv just barely fits in it, on the other side of it is the kitchen and the other side is a computer which leaves only in front of the TV, and obviously im not going to stand up stuff in front of the TV. Also theres only 8 feet from the front of the TV to the couch, and 3 1/2 feet of coffee table in that 8 feet...so as you can imagine, cramped :)

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
You can also take your problem to the Hitachi LCD RPTV threads where you will get people automatically seeing your message. That way you don't have to worry about it dropping off the top pages.

You have an awful lot of equipment for a glass stand.

But you are right. It's hard to get the toothpaste back into the tube after you have squeezed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.