AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have hard time leveling the image from my projector. I've spent hours trying to put the projected image perfectly horizontal without any success. I hope you could give me some tips.

Here are my steps, what can I do better ?
1. Putting the projector in test pattern mode (with the grid).
2. Use the leveler tool to measure the inclination of the projected image on the wall.
3. Re-adjust the projector position. This is quite hard because just a small movement of the projector moves the image a lot.
4. Once the image is perfectly horizontal. Turn the screw on the projector support to fix it. By doing that, a projector might move just a bit, and that results in a slight movement of image. And it's no longer perfectly horizontal.

I have to loop through those steps continuously and I still can't level the image.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Which projector are we talking about here? Projectors with a shorter throw are going to be more difficult as smaller physical changes cause a larger projected change. So, is your issue that you can't get a squared image at all or that when you do final adjustments mess with it?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Buy a better mount with finer adjustments. That's why we suggest spending more on a mount. Just keep tweaking it and you'll get it eventually.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
What you are going through is what every projector owner goes through.

While I'm not sure what mount you have, I can tell you that people wonder why there are $100+ projector mounts.

The Chief RPMAU allows you to fully tighten things down, then still make micro-adjustments to level the projector out as necessary.

Cheaper mounts, even decent cheaper mounts, don't allow for this and do exactly what you are describing. In fact, this is the main reason I don't like cheaper mounts. Also, once perfectly aligned, when (not if) you take your projector down for service, it will need to be realigned.

Keep doing just what you are doing, and maybe not demand pure perfection from the setup. Especially with a cheap entry level model, you may not truly get a flat line with the inexpensive optics in the W1075.

·
Registered
21,006 Posts
I've never thought it's that hard to level the image. Any tip that you could share ?
That test pattern will get you to try and make things " 100% aerospace perfect ". Just project a HDTV picture and you should be able to get it 99.5% perfect. Maybe even 99.9% ! If it gets off a teenie tiny bit when you tighten the screws, it's still possible to tweak it slightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts