AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I am an online reseller and I recently bought a batch of sample HDMI cables from China, the claimed specifications are below. I am curious to how to test these cables to validate the specifications that they listed. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this? I will buy some sort of test device if necessary, I just need to know that I am not listing these at a certain speed and find out later that they are a lower speed. Please let me know, thanks!

Specifications :

- Compatible with 1.3b HMDI and Full 1080p of resolution

- Type A Male to Male

- Connectors of high quality plated in gold of 24K

- Free oxygen cable

- Multiple screening for the Maxima reduction of possible interferences

Cable protected with special Nylon material

- Made for professional quality

- Lost of data: 0%

- Admits bandwidth future 10.2 Gbps

- 100% digitalis, high quality of transmission

- 30 AWG.

·
Registered
x_posts
To do the proper testing according to the Compliance Testing Specification, you need about $250,000 of equipment, consisting principally of a signal generator and oscilloscope. You can hire this work out to someone, but it's liable to be very costly that way, too. Unfortunately, there's no cheap way to get valid results here.

None of the specs you list are particularly meaningful, other than the claim to be compliant with 1.3b. Since there is no version 1.3b of the HDMI spec, we can assume that the 1.3b Compliance Testing Spec is what was meant here. The easiest way to check up on your vendor is to ask him for his compliance testing certificate--the compliance tests are done by independent labs under the oversight of HDMI Licensing, so you can generally trust a valid HDMI testing certificate. In particular, you'll want to know what the length of the cable under test was, because the certification is not good for lengths longer than the one tested.

Kurt
Blue Jeans Cable

·
Registered
x_posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenQreseller /forum/post/16856442

- 30 AWG.

Generally 30 AWG cable would be good for no more than 5-6' for HDMI 1.3b frequency requirements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.