AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone sucessfully ceiling mounted this projector? Ideally I would like to have it on sliding rails about 2 ft long because it has no zoom. It also has to be about a foot down from my ceiling. Any suggestions on brand name mounts? Thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'll second the Home Depot (or Lowe's) approach. I'm in the midst of building a mount. On the theory that some lighting fixtures are heavier than projectors, I'm using:

1. A single-hole domed elec. box cover (used for outdoor floods) - this has a 1/2 pipe thread.

2. 1/2" to 3/8" reducer

3. 3/8 pipe nipple to req'd length. (could have used a less elegant 1/2")

4. brass Reducer to fit...

5. ..A ball & socket speaker mount (JBL WBN26 wall mount or OmniMount 50 series would be ok). Gives tilt/pan flexibility. Machine screwed to..

6. .. flat plate which will be thumbscrewed to the projector.

Cost was 6.59 + $20 for the speaker mount.

·
Registered
210 Posts

I built a very nice mount for about 40 bucks using things at home depot and a can of flat black paint. It really looks nice (plumbing fixtures, a bread board sized *perfectly*, and some M4 screws).

If you want sliders... you could perhaps look at mounting a drawer from a large overhead frame. The official mounts seem way too expensive to me. I am very pleased with mine and how I was able to dial it in (I will post some pics when I get a chance).

med

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
That sounds pretty good. IS there really a specific mount built for this projector anyway? No mounting screws on the unit.

Jas, describe the mounting plate and thumbscrew issue a little more. Not clear what ou are doing there.

Regards,

JOhn

·
Registered
733 Posts
PaulM posted about mounting the LT150 and the mounting holes - do a search under LT150. I have to go or I may become addicted to this forum!

Cheers,

Grant Smyth

Remember, seeing is believing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.