AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an upgraded Showstopper with a 100GB drive that is almost full. I recently purchased two 4504s and am running DV Archive (love it!) as well.

I'd like to Ebay my Showstopper and replace it with one of the 4504s for the added benefits of Commerical Advance and show sharing between the two units, but I don't want to lose all of my existing content.

Is it possible without too much trouble to take the drive out of my Showstopper and convert the shows so I can use them with DV Archive? If so, will I retain all the show info, like I get when I take shows off my 4504 with DV Archive?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alpine

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
you can extract the shows from your showstopper's hard drive to your pc, but there's no way (as of now) to use dvarchive to stream them back to your 4504's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

What software is used to get my shows from my Showstopper HD, after I remove it, to DV Archive? I thought the shows are not in MPEG format on the showstopper series, right? I thought they weren't natively compatible like the 4xxx series....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
You could record new content only on one of your new units and only watch content off the Showstopper until its empty then sell the Showstopper. That's what I did. Another low tech option is manual records.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine
Thanks.

What software is used to get my shows from my Showstopper HD, after I remove it, to DV Archive? I thought the shows are not in MPEG format on the showstopper series, right? I thought they weren't natively compatible like the 4xxx series....
You are correct - even if you pull the shows off (using a tool like ExtractRTV), the resultant MPEG files, while playable on your computer, are generally not reacable/playable by a 4xxx series RTV and so importing them into DVA isn't going to allow you to watch them later.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gahoo
Can you run out of the SS into 45xx and record and then run DVArchive?
If you mean do manual recording using the video cables, sure. Just record each show manually and when it's on the 4500, download to DVArchive. Once download, you can edit the title and info to reflect the actual show. You'll probably see some degradation of the picture though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.