Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Please give me some advice on how to place a 7.1 speaker set in a round room. The room is shaped like a dome but is not a perfect semi-sphere. It is 25' in diameter and 15' in its tallest point. Also how should I place the sub-woofer? It is better to use two subs?

How can I reduce reverence?. When the room was empty it was strong but after placing carpet and furniture it reduce considerably.

What will happen to sound in a room with that shape?, specifically the low frequencies?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Actually, this is probably the perfect forum for your question.

Man - a round room with a domed roof!?!?! I wouldn't even know where to start. My knowledge is limited, and all the research material I have digested has treated exclusively the subject of cuboid/parallelpiped rooms. I can't imagine the complexity of working out reflection points, reverberation times, placement issues... I'm guessing modal cacluations would be next to impossible, and pretty useless in any instance.

Hell, even saying "put the front speakers on the front wall" doesn't do you much good! :D

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
If you're asking about the relative positioning, try this:

With the screen at 12 o'clock and the center there, place the mains at 11 and 1, the sides at 9 and 3, and the rears at 7 and 5. The sub will require experimentation, but in a circle, what you can vary is the distance from the perimeter. Maybe right behind the seating will end up being best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.