AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally play Blu-rays with Cyberlink, but I've now purchased my first title without English subtitles so that is no longer good enough. I need a program that can play Blu-ray discs and also load subtitles from an external file - those are the only two requirements.

I've heard this can be accomplished with MPC, but I cannot find a single simple set of instructions on how to accomplish this. Every website discussing it requires installing some random set of codecs and then changing 100 settings.

If anyone can point me to a clear guide on how to get MPC working from scratch, or some other alternative, I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I use JRiver Media Center now. I got tired of trying to figure out how to get everythig working by myself so I switched to a program that works - and has a lot of smart people continuously improving it. Okay, enough of the sales pitch. I know there are ways to get subtitles working in MPC-HC. I think you need to use/install the DirectVOBsub filter (but I forget now). Wait until someone else comes along - in the meantime check out this thread on the JRiver forum. There is good info on how subtitles work in BD and explaination of the issues/problems with getting subs working in BD rips.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65274.0 See reply #37.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts