AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tall order and hope someone out there can help, so here goes. I want to be able to record to my hard drive from an s-vhs input and playback out via rf so I can watch on a standard tv. I am recording baseball and need to be able to schedule the recordings. TVIO isn't an answer for some programing related reasons, although that is the type of quality and timeshifting features I am looking for. I am using a Pinnacle Bungee but can't get the rf out. I have thought about an video to rf modulator, but don't know where to get the video out signal. I also have a radon 7500 and a myhd card as output devices.

thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Radioshack sells a video RF modulator that accepts composite in and RCA 2 channel audio and creates and RF out signal.

You should be able to use the composite out from your video card and the stereo out from your audio card (I believe the Radeon 7500 has a composite out).

Be warned that your picture quality will be marginal compared to a computer monitor - so you may want to use a HTPC interface designed for standard def tv such as showshifter or the snapstream beta. MyHTPC may also be a good option, especially when the tv features are added.

Andrew

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think my 7500 has a video out,so that won't work,but thanks

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Give it up David.

There is no good way to get any kind of even half way decent image from an HTPC through an RF (antenna) connection into a TV. Simply not enough resolution and bandwidth there to make it worthwhile for anyone here to even bother.

Vern

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.