AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full Disclosure

1- I've personally done this.
2 - I have nothing against EC TV or Abe's. I've ordered two TVs from ECTV with no problems whatsoever.

TL : DR - Chase Sapphire Preferred card has Price Protection match and will match any online (non-auction) advertised price within 90 days of purchase up to $500 difference.

As some of you know, I recently purchased a Sony 65x900b. At the time I purchased the TV, East Coast was selling the TV for $2,367. PC Richard was selling the TV for $3,500 with the Subwoofer & 4k Player. I opted to negotiate the price down with PC Richard and purchase the TV there. I wound up purchasing the TV for $2,677 + tax.

I work in the payments industry and realized that my Chase Sapphire Preferred card had a benefit called "Price Protection Match." I called up the benefits department, filled out a required simple 1-page form, attached a copy of my receipt, a printed screenshot of the ECTV price, and a copy of my CC statement. 10 bus days later I got an email confirming the price match and received the check a few days later.

Thus, get this amazing credit card and use the price protection when buying your TV. You'll get the ECTV price and not deal with any of the problems posters have posted about.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent intel. It's one of many card benefits that many of us overlook.

In addition, another one of the card's benefits is extending the manufacture's warranty period.

Thanks. It's an absolute no brainer. I had a chat with the benefits coordinator and she basically said people make a ton of purchases around September and October and rather than rushing to the store for Black Friday, they send the sale prices to benefits coordinator and get the Black Friday sale prices without any effort.

Huge benefit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.