AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i select TV as the source i can access the menu, however i cannot press ok/select or the Enter button to go into an actual item. I'm using one of the silver comcast dvr remotes and an lg plasma tv. Any ideas?

·
Registered
527 Posts
The Channel Lock feature routes the Ch+/-, digits, and OK keys to the cable box, even when the remote is in TV device mode. The feature can be disabled, but most people actually want the Ch+/- keys to always go to the cable box.

So instead, do a keymove-- assign a function code to a key. In UEI remotes, when a key is pressed, the remote looks to see if a keymove has been defined, then if a macro has been defined, then for Channel Lock or Volume Punch Through, and finally the basic function assigned to the key. So the keymove gets priority.

Press TV,

Press Setup until 2 blinks

Enter 994

Press Setup

Enter 00164 (this is the EFC for OK in 11265)

Press OK/Select

should get 2 blinks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome that worked great. Is there a place where i can find EFC codes for various devices? I just programed it to my Xbox 360 and am looking for the EFC codes for the Y button and Guide button... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Not sure what your main device code was that you used but these codes work for my xbox360...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't seem to find any EFC codes for my DVD players. I recently got a pair of cable boxes for TVs in two rooms of my home and I'm having the problem where I cannot press the OK button to start DVDs on my DVD player because the button defaults to the cable. Can you help me find the EFC code for OK for these DVD players?

Toshiba setup code 20503

Memorex setup code 20695

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate to bump an old thread, but this is exactly what I'm trying to do with my new Mitsubishi DLP and the Comcast remote.

I'm using the Mitsu code 11250. I just need the enter button to work when the remote is in the tv mode.

Thanks!

Edit: I also used the tool and got everything working. Thanks guys, this remote thing was driving me nuts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad I found this forum. I recently got a new remote from comcast. The previous one, which physically looked the same as this one controlled my older Toshiba DVD player with no problems. With this new one, code 20503 is the only one that works close to 100%. However, like others here, when I press the OK/Select button to start a DVD or select a menu item, the Cable button flashes. It's driving nuts since I threw out the Toshiba remote years ago. I've tried some of the codes listed here but I'm a little confused by the lookup tool.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FingeredGlove /forum/post/18698590

From the Lookup Tool,

0503 OK= 00217

0695 OK= 00231

Note that the leading 2 in 20503 just means that it is a Video setup code. So the Lookup Tool just uses the last 4 digits--0503.

For the Comcast remote with the red enter key (platinum), what is the target remote "code" in the lookup tool? 1058, 1067, 1067BX, or 1068?

Or better yet, can someone just tell me what the code would be to use the AUX button for a Magnavox DV200MW8 DVD/VCP combo unit?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.