AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Elite Screens projector screen, the screen was rolled up with some type of paper to protect the white part of the screen. I am now moving and I still have the tube the screen came in but, what type of paper or material should i put on the white part of the screen to protect it once I roll it up?

·
Banned
960 Posts
Have you tried contacting Elite? They should be able to sell you the packaging material. I would recommend you go that route to make sure you buy the correct stuff. Anything else can cause wrinkles in the screen that can be permanent.

Benito

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

Don't worry too much about that.

When the roll of raw material is shipped for production in a plant, there's no sheet between the seperate layers.

So it,s nice to have, but by no means necessary.

Don't spend money buying it.

Just keep your fabric in the tube, rolled up without any particles, like sand and similar, because that will leave impressions that can take long to disappear.

Good luck with your move,

Otto

·
Banned
960 Posts
Not necessarily true Otto.

It is shipped with no problems because it's material only (also a lot of experience).

If it's a fixed screen you are trying to store, more often than not it has webbing and snaps or something similar. If so, that webbing builds up while causing the material to be lose instead of snug like it is when shipped. The packaging material is more of a filler to keep the roll nice and tight.

Without the packaging material, i'd say there's a 95% chance the screen will get damaged. In some cases, the wrinkles come out, in most cases they do not.

Benito

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Benito,

I was referring to the paper sheet only. No need to buy that. Which was what he mentioned he no longer had.

Of course you should put the screen in the tube, which he still has.

If you put the screen fabric in the tube and keep all small parts seperate, there shouln't be any problem.

Otto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.