AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know how to put the software of the BG808s in my BG808 and also where to find thos software???

I would like to have the possibility of making convergence on the green which is not possible on my BG808, I have the soft version 6.20.

Thanks for you help.

Bruno

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
First, I seriously doubt one could successfully put the BG808s firmware into a BG808 as the BG808 has a little different hardware.

Second, the firmware of a BG808s doesn't necessarily imply the existance of convergence on green. Additional hardware is required on the convergance board to properly run the green convergence.

Third, is this for a double stack? If not, why do you need convergence on green (because you shouldn't/don't)?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is not for a double stack, the aim is to obtain a perfect geometry that I can't obtain, but my friends who has a BG808 has this type of convergence on green, I found it very usefull.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I fail to see how convergence on green can help to get perfect geometry. Geometry is independent of the convergence feature on each tube.

The convergence on red and blue allow you to line up each onto the green. Putting controls on the green tube may help to get better convergence, but I'd wager that if you cannot get good convergence with just red and blue on green your mechanical installation is not correct, or you have some other issues with the machine. There's plenty of range in the red and blue controls to get fully converged with values staying inside of the 80/20 rule.

This is why the feature is rare. Its only around when the projector was used in a double stack of some sort and one projector had to be converged to the other. So the one had the convergence on green, the other did not, allowing the two greens to be converged (green on green).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have already changed the software on a 801 and a friend make the same on a 808s (Upgrading to Cine8).

You must only change the Rom. (A big chip into the control panel, Barco and some people have roms).

But I'm not sure of compatibility between 808 and 808s roms.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I doubt the software from a BG808s would work in a BG808. Some of the features and controls are different and likely incompatible. If you could find a newer version of BG808 software it would probably be the only upgrade you could make.

The controls for green-only convergence are already available in your software version and all you would need to do is add the optional green convergence daughterboard. I have a BG808 with software version 6.10 and it has the optional board and the software controls are present. As will most of the optional boards, the projector senses what is installed when you power up and displays the appropriate menus - you remove the boards and the menu items go away.

I tend to agree with spearce about the usefulness of this control for single projector operation. Most of the 808 series projectors I've seen have had very good green-only geometry. The only exception is horizontal linearity, but that can be adjusted using internal controls.

Mark

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Have either of you guys managed to figure out how to move the raster on the blue and red to centralize it on the screen without having the raster adjustment in the menus way off to one side. I can get them centalized but the electronic menu has it at 2 out of 100 for the adjuster (centre is 50)

I figure there must be a coarse adjustment somewhere for this as there are no raster position magnets on the neck to tweak.

Any ideas ??

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
You guys are ACE.

Ask and thou shall receive.

TA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.