Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

How much trouble is it to raise the height of a ceiling fan? My living room ceiling fan is 8ft high. I'm going to ceiling mount my projector and the fan will get in the way unless I can raise it.

What is involved in doing this and are there any DIY links on the internet that describe this process?

thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
317 Posts
How high is the ceiling itself? Is the fan suspended from a rod? If so, you can get a shorter rod and raise the fan, otherwise, you'd need to replace the fan with a low profile unit that hugs the ceiling.

Installation is really not very complicated - there are usually separate leads running to the lamp(s) if you have any, and the motor housing. Follow the instructions and have a helper to pass you stuff. BE SURE to turn off the light/fan circuits at the breaker.

Maybe lowering the fan a little would work too, depending on how much clearance you need, and whether you're inviting Zhizhi Wang (7' 1") to your next screening?

Regards,

Matt

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Get a shorter pole in the ceiling fan section of any store. Home Depot and Lowe's carry them. Take out the fan, change out the pole, and put the fan back up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.