AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a complete newbie to HTPC. What I want to do is learn how to burn a "Greatest Hits" DVD containing music video tracks (picture and sound) from other music video DVDs I own.

I want to keep the DD 5.1/DTS 5.1 soundtrack, if present on the original DVDs, intact on the "Greatest Hits" DVD.

If anyone knows of a topic or website or book on how to do this type of thing and what is needed I'd really appreciate it! So far I'm coming up empty on searches I've done. I'm imagining others have had this same desire. :confused:

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
2,088 Posts

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JackLT! That gives me a good start. I didn't know if I needed a video capture card, what software, etc. I'll read about Smartripper and VOBEdit doing Internet searches on them.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done more research into this and JackLT's approach makes sense.

One outstanding question I have though is there a way to add a menu that would have a link for each chapter on the disk? Otherwise it sounds like when the disk starts there wouldn't be a menu to give you any idea what music videos are on it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
If you want a menu, then you need to use a DVD authoring tool.

Tools that support AC3 are in the advanced category.

Ulead's DVD Workshop 1.3 may, there is a trial available. You will have to rename the ripped VOB to a mpg for it to accept it.

Again doom9 has forums full of info.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm doing great up to the point of using IFOEdit. I get an error that states "Could not find any VOB unit in VOB file(s)" message and have no idea why or what to do about it.

I followed the procedure JackLT outlined above and it works great, including the VOBs playing fine in Windows Media Player, but I'm stuck at the IFOEdit step.

Help!

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
just curious,if you do this the way it is decribed will the "dvd"play seemlessly without interuptions between songs or scenes?

brickie

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this point I don't even know if it's feasible to have a mix of tracks with DTS, DD, PCM on one DVD. That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out. Someone else must have crossed this bridge...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.