AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I have digital cable, which I hate messing with the box, but I do have 4 HBO's that I would like to access. I would like to record every other channel off of the analog input and just add the HBO's off of the box. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would love to be able to do this too. Right now we have the digital cable box hooked up to the Tivo for all digital cable recording, and I just have the regular cable hooked to my Replay because I don't want to have to worry about channel switching working properly and stuff. If I could use the digital cable box only for the channels that need it, I would feel comfortable using the digital cable on my Replay.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hook up both inputs, configure one with the 'cable-ready-tv' lineup, the other with the 'digital cable' lineup (if there aren't two different lineups in your area, I *think* you're still out of luck). It'll merge them all into a single channel guide, with the duplicated channels duplicated, 1000 channels apart. Disable the copies of the channels you don't want to use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I currently use my coax as one input for the basic channels, i then use one of the Rca inputs to connect my cable box, I also use the last input to connect to my dvd player to record any dvd's that need to be returned to blockbuster before I get a chance to watch them. Connecting using the coax leaves the cable box able to watch movies while I record basic network shows.This ability is one of the features that I truly love about the RTV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.