AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching some NBA games, and I am trying to see if I can somehow hack replayTV to do this.

Everytime I see a really good move, I'd love to be able to push a button on the replay remote to record that 7-10 second segment separately so that I can copy that over to my PC.

If possible, anyone know how this can be done..?

At least, I am wondering maybe it can be done from the DVArchive side. As long as I watch the games from DVArchive side, and modify DVArchive to take a note of the time range..

And then maybe have a separate program that takes those time ranges as input and snip out the segments and save them onto a file like "1.mpg", "2.mpg", etc.

panpan

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
i do that all the time with soccer games. i connected output 2 to input 2 on the replay. i usually record the game at medium quality, then when the recording is done, i rewind to where the highlights start. next, i go into 243-zones, toggle the clock on. go into menu > manual recording, set a 1- to 3-minute recording at medium on line 2 for a minute from the current time. i wait til a few seconds before the recording starts, go into 243-zones, toggle the clock off, press instant replay and let it go. turn the replaytv off when you want the recording to stop (the red light will stay on, but nothing will record because there's no signal coming from output 2).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that seems like a lot of effort for a few seconds of instant replay where there can be 20 highlights that's worth saving. I am going to see if I can do this easier with the TV tuner that's supposed to arrive sometime soon. Feed the replay into the computer and watch all my bball game through that.. and hopefully the software has functionality to record snippets.

thanks for the reply

panpan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.