AVS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
ok I in the middle of changing my L65-A90 dlp chip wow so much easier then the L75-A91 .The board sits right off the back .Just waiting for the Antec® Formula 6 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound.

I did not get the formula 7 store only had number 6 ... hope this works back to work

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well it was as easy as changing a computer processor on my tv .But not working after completion . Nothing won't even turn on .

Maybe I got a back chip ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I currently have a L75-A91 and I have noticed the picture seems like it is dimming for a brief second and then going back to normal.. its hardly noticeable until your looking for it... Its kind of hard to describe what its doing. You know how when you change the color temp on the TV it changes the brightness/color of the tv? that seems like what it is doing on its own for a brief second every few minutes.

what could be causing that, and what part would I need to correct it?

thanks
Hi. Did you ever get this sorted? My A91 is showing the same symptom. It's like the colour cools for a split second as it slightly dims.

Thanks,
EJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
just curious now that its about 1.5 to 2.5 years after your repairs, how are these laser DLP sets holding up? Do you think you can still find spare parts or light engines for them? Or have you moved on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got done changing out my DLP on my L65 with the help from this thread. Works great so far.
There are a lot of wires to disconnect! I should have taken more pics on dissasembly.
Took most of the day.
This is not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of delicate things you have to handle.
I also see some smudges on my mirrors but I can live with it. Way too diificult to get back in there to try to clean it.
I will post back if the new chip fails again:blush:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts