AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get a remote to talk to my new TV and I was trying to follow the instructions at the site:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/manuals/OEM.shtml?Replay

I couldn't get it to work and was trying to undo whatever had been done to the remote before so I tried every clear command I could find.

I think I entered the disable Replay codes command 9-7-7. The manual says to reinstall the Replay codes you enter 9-8-7 and then after two LED flashes enter 0-0-0-1, but I get a long flash instead of the two flashes after that, indicating an error.

I noticed then that this was for the Replay 5000 series remote, yet my remote is from a 2000 series. Where can I find out the codes for the 2000 remote control?

-Randy

·
Registered
698 Posts
Are you holding the Code button?

Quote:
Document 8135

Q: My ReplayTV 2000 / 3000 is not responding to commands from the ReplayTV remote control. What should I do?

A: 1) Press the blue ReplayTV button on the Replay remote and verify that a red light blinks on the remote control.

2) If the red light does not blink check the installation of the batteries or install fresh batteries and then repeat step 1.

3) Confirm that there is a direct line-of-sight between the remote and ReplayTV's IR emitter (and neither unit is in direct sunlight).

4) In the event that the ReplayTV is still not responding to the remote, attempt to reset the ReplayTV remote by performing the following steps:

Press and hold the Code set button until the remote light flashes twice

Press 9-8-7 and remote light should flash twice

Press 0-0-0-1 and the remote light should flash once
If you can't get through these steps, I'd take the batteries out of the remote before going to work, then put them back when you get home and try it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.