AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to the point in my basement remodeling where I need to run my video cables. I am going to have a built-in equipment rack cabinet and running the cables through the walls to a RPTV.

2 Questions:

1) How far away do I need to run my video cables from my electric lines? I don't want to cause any electrical interference for my video. Or is this something that you can "kind of" see if you sit and stare at the screen for hours but normally it is fine?

2) I am running 3 Firewire, 1 DVI, 3 component video, and 2 S-video (didn't want to miss anything), when all these cables come out of the wall is there an outlet or something that looks "nice" (WAF) even though it will be hidden by the TV or will there just be a hole in the drywall with the cables sticking out?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

·
Registered
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFan16
I am to the point in my basement remodeling where I need to run my video cables. I am going to have a built-in equipment rack cabinet and running the cables through the walls to a RPTV.

2 Questions:

1) How far away do I need to run my video cables from my electric lines? I don't want to cause any electrical interference for my video. Or is this something that you can "kind of" see if you sit and stare at the screen for hours but normally it is fine?

2) I am running 3 Firewire, 1 DVI, 3 component video, and 2 S-video (didn't want to miss anything), when all these cables come out of the wall is there an outlet or something that looks "nice" (WAF) even though it will be hidden by the TV or will there just be a hole in the drywall with the cables sticking out?

Thanks in advance!

Joe
1. I think 18 inches is the rule of thumb. If there's interference, you'll know it.

2. There is no "outlet" that will hold that many connectors. Cut a 2 1/2 inch hole and get a plastic grommet used for hiding cords in desks. The wife will not complain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.