AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, placing my new receiver (Yamaha RX-V3900 with zone 2 audio/video out) in the basement and connecting to a FrontPJ as well as an lcd in the basement using the 2 HDMI outs.

Almost directly above the area where my equipment is on my av rack, is my daily use lcd on the first floor in the living room. I'll be purchasing a separate Blu-ray player for this area (or can I connect the blu-ray in the basement to this upstairs TV?) but want to connect a sound bar to the lcd for generally better audio than the tv speakers.

I assume this is what is meant by Zone 2 audio and my requirements full undr this activity ?

If so, can I run some sort of cable from the receiver to the first floor lcd so that I can run a sound bar on the first floor tv using my receiver in the basement?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Is the video signal source for the living room TV in the basement?

Zone 2 audio will be an analog stereo output, no surround sound. Does the Sound Bar do surround sound? Does it have its own amp? What inputs can the Sound Bar accept?

You can connect the blu-ray in the basement to the living room TV with an HDMI splitter, but you would then need an RF remote or other way to remotely control the blu-ray from the living room.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutschow /forum/post/17020024

Is the video signal source for the living room TV in the basement?

Zone 2 audio will be an analog stereo output, no surround sound. Does the Sound Bar do surround sound? Does it have its own amp? What inputs can the Sound Bar accept?

You can connect the blu-ray in the basement to the living room TV with an HDMI splitter, but you would then need an RF remote or other way to remotely control the blu-ray from the living room.

The audio and video signal would be from the receiver in the basement to the tv in the living room above.

No zone 2 surround sound - dang...
that was going to be the purpose of this exercise. I haven't bought the sound bar yet but i wanted to get some decent sound for the daily tv. Again, I was going to use the received downstairs to power the sound bar...

I think i'll just buy another BD player for upstairs at some stage otherwise i'll be up and down like a yo-yo changing disks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts