AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 60gig IPOD from a friend at work for my daughter and have run into a problem
when I hook it up to my computer it say's " will not sync with more than one computer " and wants to wipe all the songs on it off. WHAT??? My daughter doesn't want AC/DC and such but I do! Is there a way to save these songs to my computer to use later on for myself

·
Registered
233 Posts
well it sounds like you just got an ipod that was full of music that you did not purchase. The problem you are having is a form of copy protection that apple set up to prevent people from doing exactly what you are doing. What they didn't want is people being able to bring their ipod to other's PC's and just "donate" music libraries to other users, so Ipod cannot sync with more than 1 PC without 3rd party software to alter this feature.

The opposite is possible, which is that one PC....CAN sync with more than one ipod.

If the guy who sold you the ipod charged you extra b/c it was full of music you should go get your money back!

I won't name brands, but let's just say that this 3rd party software is not difficult to find.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got about 28~30 gig's of music on it, I'm willing to bet he didn't buy THAT much from Apple ;-} . If some one will PM me where to get " said software " or even a copy of it , it would be greatly apprecaited.....Thanks for any and all help , Jess

·
Registered
912 Posts
Unless there has been a change to iTunes that I am not aware of yet, you are going to have to set iTunes to manually sync all iPods.

I had to config it this way so that both my wife and daughters iPods could retain their custom songs...

·
Registered
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoast02 /forum/post/15610752

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Sharepod is great, I use it but it will not circumvent any DRM. If they are unprotected songs it will work fine. If they are protected, the only real option is leaving them on your IPOD and using itunes in manual mode...

You can manually copy the songs to your system with sharepod but unless you have the credentials to authorise your system to play the protected songs (they can be put on up to 5 systems...).

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrayged /forum/post/15754389

Sharepod is great, I use it but it will not circumvent any DRM. .

Thanks for the heads up. I've yet to encounter this problem as I apper to have developed a "DRM Allergy." Like many others it makes me sick when I deal with it!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I still have yet to import a song from CD or otherwise that I couldn't put on my family's iPods. I even had one instance where I grabbed a bunch of songs from another relative's iPod that were d/l from Apple, saved them to PC, then transferred back to another iPod, but even then didn't have any DRM issues. I did have to use some 3rd party SW for that though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts