AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a computer playing my mp3's through a Yamaha receiver and Boston speakers via the computer sound output in my study. My question, how do you send that signal to my Onkyo reciever into my AV room so I can listen to my mp3 library? I already have a signal wire between the two. Could you use the tape monitor out or video out from the Yamaha? Will it send current and fry my Onkyo?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tape out from the Yamaha receiver to a high-level input of the Onkyo is good. No you will not fry anything. Depending on the length of the cable run between the two receivers you may or may not experience noise pickup with RCA connections. If you do, you will need to use balanced connections. That could be accomplished with XLR cables and balancing transformers/adapters. See how the single-ended connections work first.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen B /forum/post/12907526

Tape out from the Yamaha receiver to a high-level input of the Onkyo is good. No you will not fry anything.

I connected RCA's as instructed and it works perfectly. I figured it would work like that but wasn't positive and I was worried about sending current down the line and shorting something out in the receiver.

Thanks for the expertise and quick response, Dan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts