AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have been tearing my hair out for the past few weeks over this; NO ONE has a basic setup or troubleshooting information for 3D on DLP Projectors!  It seems like an odd thing to me because DLP projectors that are "3D Ready" seem to be fairly common.  So, I need help trying to set up the 3D on my projector and computer.

Here are my specs:

Projector: Sharp PG-LW2000

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD6570

CPU: AMD A6-3670 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

RAM: 8 Gigabytes

So, I've been looking around and have the basic set up:  correct resolution that the projector can display for 3D, 1280x800, I have it set up to 120Hertz, HDMI connected, the projector has DLP Link turned on, and the glasses are synced and working correctly.

The problem I am having is getting the computer to recognise it as a 3D display and actually output it.  TriDef has several modes that it can be set to, and I've selected the AMD option, however when I go into the main menu, it tells me that 3D is disabled and that I am not viewing it in 3D.

I have been searching the internet for the past week and have not found anything that helps me.  I have tried to contact the makers of TriDef, however they will not help me unless I purchase their program (I've been using the 14 day trial) which I don't want to buy unless I'm absolutely sure I can get the 3D to work on my projector. Everything says that is supports 3D, so I don't know what to do now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
(Note: I do not own a 3D DLP projector/TV, so no guarantees).

Your projector requires Field Sequential format, so I would try the following (without using TriDef):

1. I'd set the PC to projector's resolution: 1280x800 at interlaced 120hz (custom format. eg in Nvidia this can be set under Nvidia Control Panel / Change resolution / customize ).

2. Next, I would play a 3D video, eg by using Stereoscopic Player by setting "Layout" to that format and by setting "Viewing method" to "Row Interlaced, Right Line Top" or "Row Interlaced, Left Line Top" if Left/Right appears reversed (although it is possible that they mean Line-interleave which is a very different format). If this is the case, try other 3D players.

A Field Sequential 3D DVD, could be played back too, but without upscaling (partially covering the screen at 1:1 zoom) -except if there is a compatible software player that can upscale the interlaced input and output interlace.

In sort, all your projector requires, is an interlaced signal where each field corresponds to each eye (Left or RIght) and a compatible 3D player.

The problem is, there are multiple names for each 3D format, so it might be confusing or difficult to find info about them or verify what each player, projector, TV supports.

EDIT: If you are interested in games with no field-sequential support, then you might need TriDef.

EDIT#2: Try 1280x720 instead of 800 which your Projector supports too (with Tridef and without).

·
Registered
814 Posts
What are you trying to to do, play a game? (Presumably yes, if you are using TriDef).

Have you tried a Bluray 3D player? You can test with a trial of TMT or PDVD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145  /t/1525033/how-to-set-up-dlp-3d#post_24561091

Interlaced won't work on DLP anything.

Sorry, your projector only does 3D @ 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600.

You can also try the AMD IZ3D 120Hz 3D driver for 30 day free trial - http://www.iz3d.com/select_download

Some games have native 3D so no driver necessary (don't no about Nvidia)
IZ3D has been discontinued.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yes and no. IZ3D is no longer For Sale but the 30 Day trial is still available for download and some of the driver outputs are FREE so no 30 Day trial on them. The driver still works whether it is no longer updated or not. All the updates did was provide default settings for games which you can figure out yourself thru all the adjustable parameters of the driver. Bioshock: Infinite is amazing in 3D with the IZ3D Driver. Don't give up so easy.

Edit: Apparently there was a Misprint on the Sharp Website and you projector will do 3D @ 1280 x 800 120Hz so you need a 120Hz DLP driver to make it work but that 6570 card isn't powerful enough to play games in 3D. Try the MTBS website and ask Cybereality for help. There is a lot of info on the IZ3D site already despite it no longer being updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts