AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I look DVD and TV program in ratio 16:9 or 4:3. Every time I switch from one ratio to another, I have to make RGB sizing. How can i set video input (S-video or composite) to 1 of 8 switch/Index button on remote control.

Any help please.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry man you are out of luck/.....

You need to use the 5 BNC input to make use of the aspect ratio memory settings..........

I am in the same boat on this one, and am tring to find a quality cost effective sollution myself......

Solutions:

Line doubler=$500+

ifb-1400=$500ish

"cheap" converter=

HTPC

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is-it worth to use Iscan for Analog video signal input ??. May be i get a noise :mad: instead to improve an image :D . I can't check this because my video store don't have Iscan in stock, just special order.

enlighten me on this point.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
lemt,

If you don't plan on building a Home Theatre PC, absolutely get an IScan DVDO. It will take all of your S-Video sources and output them to 5bnc, and double the lines as well to 480p. It was what I used before my HTPC and works great with a 1271 like you have. You can get a ver1 relatively inexpensive out there and new ver2's are about $550 I think.

It will also improve your picture dramatically and not add noise unless you have bad cables.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Make a cable that connects to the switcher plug(big 14 pin din connector) and has s-video connector hanging off of it. You will also have to switch the 5BNC switch, you will have to pull out that main input card to get access to it. This will give you access to 8 screen setup memories for DVD. Just leave your TV input coming in the original composite(or s-video)connector.

This is the way I used my old Sony 1271 until I jumped into HTPC.

The details have been posted on this forum, check this thread out - http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...plug+5bnc+sony

With the switcher plug you can get access to s-video, composite and RGB. I'm currently making up a cable that now does RGB. I've got an IFB-11 RGB card that I connect my HTPC to and will use the switcher RGB input for HDTV. I use the standard s-video connection for receivers on-screen display.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.