AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my xbox connected using a 3rd party high def pack, with component connectors. I changed the xbox setting to widescreen and enabled 480p, 720p and 1080i on the xbox. Now the only problem is figuring out how to make it actually output 720p or 1080i. It is only 480p now. How do I manually set the display mode?

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412
I wish it would pass through the widescreen flag properly to my TV. :( I have to manually enable widescreen each time.
I think thats with every TV, I solved that Problem by configuring my Harmony remote to do it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Mine's does it no problem.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanman
I think thats with every TV, I solved that Problem by configuring my Harmony remote to do it.
Heh, I totally forgot we could do that. What setting do you have for your input? I have a Harmony 880.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412
Heh, I totally forgot we could do that. What setting do you have for your input? I have a Harmony 880.
I just added the "Full/Normal" command to the activity.

I haven't had to manually do it since.

You want to look for the actual aspect command setting (full or Wide), Just using the general "aspect" command will only make it cycle to the next aspect. For my TV it was "full/Normal" and it sets it at the correct aspect no matter what the aspect was in the previous activity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.